August 2019 Monthly Currency Report for SME’s
Protect Your Business with Monthly Currency Reports
Our free monthly currency exchange report aims to provide deep insights into the political and economic events worldwide that can cause currencies to change and how this can affect your FX business. Read more about the impact of exchange rates on international commerce.
Download our free monthly currency report and to keep up to date with key events throughout the month. The free currency reports analyse historical charts and provide the basis for discussion with stakeholders across your foreign exchange business. The monthly currency report provides a useful resource and meaningful insights for currency risk management policies.
For more helpful information for small and medium enterprises, check out our guide to trade finance for UK SMEs.
GBP – July in review
At last, a new Prime Minister
- Sixteen Ministers replaced
- Brussels prepared for “Combative” Johnson
- Sterling falls to new lows vs. USD & EUR
- UK data starting to weaken
GBP – August what to watch
Johnson to reopen negotiations?
- Johnson to attempt to restart Brexit Agreement
- Bank of England to turn more dovish
- Trade deal with U.S. to be first after Brexit
- General Election still a possibility
USD – July in review
Fed obliges markets with 25BP
- Fed cuts rates by 25bp, becomes data dependent
- Q2 GDP lower but not as bad as market concerns
- Dollar hits two-month high following GDP
- Powell in a hawkish / dovish kind of mood
USD – August what to watch
Dollar to rally - hawkish fed
- “One and done” Fed unlikely to cut again this year
- Treasury rules out intervention, Trump not so sure
- Trump in a funk over economy
- Dollar sets new high for the year
EUR – July in review
ECB remains dovish
- ECB signals rate cut
- Activity continues to fall
- Euro struggles to make any headway
- Lagarde to take over from Draghi
EUR – August what to watch
Euro in doldrums until growth
- Single currency set for further falls
- Inflation target to be lowered
- Structural issues to be tackled by new President
- Activity to signal recession
Don’t take our word for it.
see what others are saying
Great experience! Noam was very thorough and communicative. He was helpful throughout the process, and I felt very comfortable turning to him for any questions. I would definitely recommend to my friends, and continue using for future transfers!
I highly recommend currency transfer
I highly recommend currency transfer. Having used their services for over seven years.
I am particularly impressed by their personal fast and safe service. Funds usually reach my account within 48 hours.
A personal thankyou to Nathan who is always available to answer any technical questions.
I highly recommend their services.
OUTSTANDING Service, super speed. 12/10
OUTSTANDING! Amazing service and super speed, smooth and efficient. I have a direct link to my account officer if I need. And best of all I am saving $00s every time compared to the daylight robbery rates the banks were giving me previously. Only a simpleton would use the main banks for any currency transfers. 12/10.