August 2020 Monthly Currency Report for SME’s
Protect Your Business with Monthly Currency Reports
Our free monthly currency exchange report aims to provide deep insights into the political and economic events worldwide that can cause currencies to change and how this can affect your FX business. Read more about the impact of exchange rates on international commerce.
Download our free monthly currency report and to keep up to date with key events throughout the month. The free currency reports analyse historical charts and provide the basis for discussion with stakeholders across your foreign exchange business. The monthly currency report provides a useful resource and meaningful insights for currency risk management policies.
For more helpful information for small and medium enterprises, check out our guide to trade finance for UK SMEs.
GBP – July in review
Sterling breaks 1.30 vs. dollar
- China vows revenge over Hong Kong and Huawei
- Sterling rallies on back of Haldane comments
- Johnson reacts with anticipation over second spike fears
- Sunak’s plans need more time
GBP – August what to watch
Brexit to provide impetus
- Brexit negotiations continue as trade hopes grow
- Sterling to struggle to make further ground
- Q2 growth expectations rise despite negativity
- Johnson to remain alert over quarantine
USD – July in review
Trump considering election delay
- Q2 GDP worse than expected
- Dollar fall becoming a trend
- Fed stands ready to act
- Unprecedented virus tolls make recovery uncertain
USD – August what to watch
Economy continues to struggle
- Powell to act intra-meeting in need
- Dollar to remain under pressure
- Chinese squabble to escalate under Trump
- President needs to find answer to poll gloom
EUR – July in review
Three Cheers for Pandemic Relief
- Heads of State finally agree a convoluted package
- Second wave rolling across Europe?
- Euro makes two year high versus dollar
- Banks struggling with debt and regulations
EUR – August what to watch
Banking crisis looms
- No dividends bonuses or share buybacks
- The Euro's rally is becoming unsustainable
- Second wave to be the key to length of recovery
- Brexit fears to hit supply chains
Don’t take our word for it.
see what others are saying
Great experience! Noam was very thorough and communicative. He was helpful throughout the process, and I felt very comfortable turning to him for any questions. I would definitely recommend to my friends, and continue using for future transfers!
I highly recommend currency transfer
I highly recommend currency transfer. Having used their services for over seven years.
I am particularly impressed by their personal fast and safe service. Funds usually reach my account within 48 hours.
A personal thankyou to Nathan who is always available to answer any technical questions.
I highly recommend their services.
OUTSTANDING Service, super speed. 12/10
OUTSTANDING! Amazing service and super speed, smooth and efficient. I have a direct link to my account officer if I need. And best of all I am saving $00s every time compared to the daylight robbery rates the banks were giving me previously. Only a simpleton would use the main banks for any currency transfers. 12/10.