January 2020 Monthly Currency Report for SME’s
Protect Your Business with Monthly Currency Reports
Our free monthly currency exchange report aims to provide deep insights into the political and economic events worldwide that can cause currencies to change and how this can affect your FX business. Read more about the impact of exchange rates on international commerce.
Download our free monthly currency report and to keep up to date with key events throughout the month. The free currency reports analyse historical charts and provide the basis for discussion with stakeholders across your foreign exchange business. The monthly currency report provides a useful resource and meaningful insights for currency risk management policies.
For more helpful information for small and medium enterprises, check out our guide to trade finance for UK SMEs.
GBP – December in review
Election clears path to Brexit
- Conservatives secure huge working majority
- Sterling hits highest level since Jun ‘18
- Reason for election reticence in sharp focus
- Brexit trade fears to drive market
GBP – January what to watch
UK to leave EU at end of the Month
- Sterling to be driven by economy
- No-deal exit still a possibility
- Regeneration to begin as Gov’t keeps promises
- Carney leaves BoE to join UN
USD – December in review
Trump impeachment a “Witch-Hunt”
- Trade deal part-one agreed
- Positive employment report drives economic hopes
- Q3 GDP and Nov inflation both above 2%
- Dollar corrects as risk appetite rises
USD – January what to watch
Expectations raised by data
- Long wait for employment report
- Date for stage two of trade talks expected
- Trump may have to bargain for GOP. support at trial
- Fed to continue watching brief
EUR – December in review
wealthy nations “step-up”
- Economy continues to drift
- Economic Commissioner demands more activity
- Eurozone facing drastic course of action
- Lagarde takes her time
EUR – January what to watch
Climate Centric policies
- Von der Leyen devising fiscal union plans
- ECB to continue QE, may increase purchases
- Trade deal may see further euro gains
- ECB forced to watch and wait
Don’t take our word for it.
see what others are saying
Great experience! Noam was very thorough and communicative. He was helpful throughout the process, and I felt very comfortable turning to him for any questions. I would definitely recommend to my friends, and continue using for future transfers!
I highly recommend currency transfer
I highly recommend currency transfer. Having used their services for over seven years.
I am particularly impressed by their personal fast and safe service. Funds usually reach my account within 48 hours.
A personal thankyou to Nathan who is always available to answer any technical questions.
I highly recommend their services.
OUTSTANDING Service, super speed. 12/10
OUTSTANDING! Amazing service and super speed, smooth and efficient. I have a direct link to my account officer if I need. And best of all I am saving $00s every time compared to the daylight robbery rates the banks were giving me previously. Only a simpleton would use the main banks for any currency transfers. 12/10.