January 2020 Monthly Currency Report for SME’s
Download Your 8 Page January Bulletin
Protect Your Business with Monthly Currency Reports
Our free monthly currency exchange report aims to provide deep insights into the political and economic events worldwide that can cause currencies to change and how this can affect your FX business. Read more about the impact of exchange rates on international commerce.
Download our free monthly currency bulletin and to keep up to date with key events throughout the month. The free monthly currency reports analyse historical charts and provide the basis for discussion with stakeholders across your foreign exchange business. The monthly currency report provides a useful resource and meaningful insights for currency risk management policies.
For more helpful information for small and medium enterprises, check out our guide to trade finance for UK SMEs.
GBP – December in review
Election clears path to Brexit
- Conservatives secure huge working majority
- Sterling hits highest level since Jun ‘18
- Reason for election reticence in sharp focus
- Brexit trade fears to drive market
GBP – January what to watch
UK to leave EU at end of the Month
- Sterling to be driven by economy
- No-deal exit still a possibility
- Regeneration to begin as Gov’t keeps promises
- Carney leaves BoE to join UN
USD – December in review
Trump impeachment a “Witch-Hunt”
- Trade deal part-one agreed
- Positive employment report drives economic hopes
- Q3 GDP and Nov inflation both above 2%
- Dollar corrects as risk appetite rises
USD – January what to watch
Expectations raised by data
- Long wait for employment report
- Date for stage two of trade talks expected
- Trump may have to bargain for GOP. support at trial
- Fed to continue watching brief
EUR – December in review
wealthy nations “step-up”
- Economy continues to drift
- Economic Commissioner demands more activity
- Eurozone facing drastic course of action
- Lagarde takes her time
EUR – January what to watch
Climate Centric policies
- Von der Leyen devising fiscal union plans
- ECB to continue QE, may increase purchases
- Trade deal may see further euro gains
- ECB forced to watch and wait
Don’t take our word for it.
see what others are saying
Very few organisations in the world provide customer service of this standard. These guys are prompt to follow up and incredibly helpful on all aspects of the transfers and just deliver fantastic service – they once spent around an hour on the phone to us explaining how currency hedging worked!
Good website for live rates and quick transfer procedure with confirmation e‑mails of trade. Relationship manager appointed to the account has phoned regularly to update me and solve any issues
This is simply the best. For years, I have explored many ways transferring money overseas and have used other similar services, but I can now say that CurrencyTransfer.com IS THE BEST!