October 2018 Monthly Currency Report for SME’s
Protect Your Business with Monthly Currency Reports
Our free monthly currency exchange report aims to provide deep insights into the political and economic events worldwide that can cause currencies to change and how this can affect your FX business. Read more about the impact of exchange rates on international commerce.
Download our free monthly currency report and to keep up to date with key events throughout the month. The free currency reports analyse historical charts and provide the basis for discussion with stakeholders across your foreign exchange business. The monthly currency report provides a useful resource and meaningful insights for currency risk management policies.
For more helpful information for small and medium enterprises, check out our guide to trade finance for UK SMEs.
GBP – September in review
Chequers proposals canned
- Salzburg summit ends in impasse
- Sterling on a rollercoaster
- Inflation, retail sales and employment stronger
- Bank of England votes 9-0 for no change
GBP – October what to watch
Brexit deadline ever closer
- Brexit “Plan B” needed
- Higher inflation to pressure Bank of England
- Ruling party conference to herald challenge to PM?
- Sterling to remain volatile
USD – September in review
China dispute rumbles on
- Further tit-for-tat tariffs enforced
- Powell risks Trump’s wrath
- Russia gets involved in trade dispute
- Q2 GDP finalized at 4.2%
USD – October what to watch
Another hike this year?
- Fed. signals another hike in 2018.and three in 2019
- Dollar to rally as risk aversion and rates support
- Trump to exert more pressure on China
- Approach of midterms to bring more volatility
EUR – September in review
Draghi allows the mask to slip
- Draghi alludes to higher inflation. Retains rate stance
- Hungarian PM censored by EU
- Italy budget creates concerns
- Euro rallies to top of range
EUR – October what to watch
Brexit concerns to hurt Euro
- Concerns over post Brexit trade to hurt Euro?
- Asset Purchase Scheme to start wind-down
- Italy to keep up migrant pressure
- Draghi to push for greater fiscal cooperation
Don’t take our word for it.
see what others are saying
Great experience! Noam was very thorough and communicative. He was helpful throughout the process, and I felt very comfortable turning to him for any questions. I would definitely recommend to my friends, and continue using for future transfers!
I highly recommend currency transfer
I highly recommend currency transfer. Having used their services for over seven years.
I am particularly impressed by their personal fast and safe service. Funds usually reach my account within 48 hours.
A personal thankyou to Nathan who is always available to answer any technical questions.
I highly recommend their services.
OUTSTANDING Service, super speed. 12/10
OUTSTANDING! Amazing service and super speed, smooth and efficient. I have a direct link to my account officer if I need. And best of all I am saving $00s every time compared to the daylight robbery rates the banks were giving me previously. Only a simpleton would use the main banks for any currency transfers. 12/10.