August 2018 Monthly Currency Report for SME’s
Read the latest currency report
With a roundup of the most impactful events of the previous month and a look at up and coming events may affect you in this coming month. Avoid being caught by surprise when the markets move.
Protect Your Business with Monthly Currency Reports
Our free monthly currency exchange report aims to provide deep insights into the political and economic events worldwide that can cause currencies to change and how this can affect your FX business. Read more about the impact of exchange rates on international commerce.
Download our free monthly currency report and to keep up to date with key events throughout the month. The free currency reports analyse historical charts and provide the basis for discussion with stakeholders across your foreign exchange business. The monthly currency report provides a useful resource and meaningful insights for currency risk management policies.
For more helpful information for small and medium enterprises, check out our guide to trade finance for UK SMEs.
GBP – July in review
May’s Brexit proposals savaged
- Chequers proposals attacked from all sides
- Johnson & Davis resign
- Economic data uniformly weak
- Pound in limbo ahead of Brexit outcomes
GBP – August what to watch
UK in danger of hard Brexit
- May to lead Brexit negotiations
- 80% chance of rate hike
- Inflation to remain steady
- Second referendum or election both possible
USD – July in review
Trump concerned over Dollar
- President fears rate hikes will slow economy
- Q2 GDP justifies Powell decisions
- Trump holds effective talks with Juncker…
- …but savages EU over Brexit & NATO over spending
USD – August what to watch
Trade concerns to remain
- Trade war with China continues
- Monetary policy to drive dollar higher
- Employment rate set to top out
- Wage inflation to rise again
EUR – July in review
Dovish ECB lowers Euro
- Draghi remains on track
- ECB desire to hold euro lower is working
- Political issues continue in the background
- Tough Brexit stance an example to others
EUR – August what to watch
Can EU & US agree a trade pact?
- Both sides have much to lose
- QE reduction set to start
- Macron losing support from all sides
- Rising German inflation to concern Bundesbank
Don’t take our word for it.
see what others are saying
Great experience! Noam was very thorough and communicative. He was helpful throughout the process, and I felt very comfortable turning to him for any questions. I would definitely recommend to my friends, and continue using for future transfers!
I highly recommend currency transfer
I highly recommend currency transfer. Having used their services for over seven years.
I am particularly impressed by their personal fast and safe service. Funds usually reach my account within 48 hours.
A personal thankyou to Nathan who is always available to answer any technical questions.
I highly recommend their services.
OUTSTANDING Service, super speed. 12/10
OUTSTANDING! Amazing service and super speed, smooth and efficient. I have a direct link to my account officer if I need. And best of all I am saving $00s every time compared to the daylight robbery rates the banks were giving me previously. Only a simpleton would use the main banks for any currency transfers. 12/10.