What bank account details do I need to make an international money transfer?
The bank details required for making an international money transfer depend on where you are sending funds. Once you book a transfer via CurrencyTransfer, ensure you have the complete set of bank account details (e.g. IBAN, ABA, SWIFT/BIC) in order to allocate recipients to your transfers.
In order to make an international bank transfer, you will need the following details:
- Send Money to Europe – IBAN and SWIFT Number
- Send Money to USA – ABA routing number or SWIFT
- Send Money to Canada – SWIFT and Transit code
- Send Money to the UK – account number and sort code or SWIFT and IBAN
- Send Money to Australia – SWIFT or BSB code
- Send Money to New Zealand – 6 digit bank code and SWIFT
For other countries, please get in touch with your dedicated relationship manager.
It is important to note that when transferring money abroad, it is easier and more cost efficient to use CurrencyTransfer rather than your bank. Banks will charge you up to 7% above the mid-market exchange rates and do not offer a live rate, preferring to set their rates once daily. It’s free to register so get started today!