January 2018 Monthly Currency Report for SME’s
Protect Your Business with Monthly Currency Reports
Our free monthly currency exchange report aims to provide deep insights into the political and economic events worldwide that can cause currencies to change and how this can affect your FX business. Read more about the impact of exchange rates on international commerce.
Download our free monthly currency report and to keep up to date with key events throughout the month. The free currency reports analyse historical charts and provide the basis for discussion with stakeholders across your foreign exchange business. The monthly currency report provides a useful resource and meaningful insights for currency risk management policies.
For more helpful information for small and medium enterprises, check out our guide to trade finance for UK SMEs.
GBP – December in review
Move to stage two approved
- Inflation continues to rise
- Capitulation on EU Proposals brings stage two approval
- MPC votes 9-0 for unchanged rates
- May faces political woes as Deputy is sacked
GBP – January what to watch
Political fallout to continue
- May facing another commons defeat
- Consumer starting to abandon support
- Trade deal demands to be agreed
- Business investment a major concern
USD – December in review
Rates hiked despite inflation
- Rate hike Yellen’s final act
- Tax Reform Bill passed
- Dollar ends year in narrow range after 10% fall
- Trump’s cuts UN contribution over Jerusalem
USD – January what to watch
Yellen’s departure ends guidance
- Powell takes over at Fed
- Treasury to be more involved in Monetary Policy
- Employment data to set inflation tone
- Ongoing Dollar index to remain in narrow range
EUR – December in review
Growth and inflation on track
- German CPI controlled as growth remains constant
- Austrian far right become part of coalition
- Euro gains have been “second hand”
- Brexit concerns well hidden
EUR – January what to watch
Political consideration issue
- Politics could be the prime driver in Q1
- Calls for Asset purchases to be scaled back
- Germany’s Turn at ECB coming
- Brexit trade deal to confirm tough stance
Don’t take our word for it.
see what others are saying
Great experience! Noam was very thorough and communicative. He was helpful throughout the process, and I felt very comfortable turning to him for any questions. I would definitely recommend to my friends, and continue using for future transfers!
I highly recommend currency transfer
I highly recommend currency transfer. Having used their services for over seven years.
I am particularly impressed by their personal fast and safe service. Funds usually reach my account within 48 hours.
A personal thankyou to Nathan who is always available to answer any technical questions.
I highly recommend their services.
OUTSTANDING Service, super speed. 12/10
OUTSTANDING! Amazing service and super speed, smooth and efficient. I have a direct link to my account officer if I need. And best of all I am saving $00s every time compared to the daylight robbery rates the banks were giving me previously. Only a simpleton would use the main banks for any currency transfers. 12/10.