January 2019 Monthly Currency Report for SME’s
Protect Your Business with Monthly Currency Reports
Our free monthly currency exchange report aims to provide deep insights into the political and economic events worldwide that can cause currencies to change and how this can affect your FX business. Read more about the impact of exchange rates on international commerce.
Download our free monthly currency report and to keep up to date with key events throughout the month. The free currency reports analyse historical charts and provide the basis for discussion with stakeholders across your foreign exchange business. The monthly currency report provides a useful resource and meaningful insights for currency risk management policies.
For more helpful information for small and medium enterprises, check out our guide to trade finance for UK SMEs.
GBP – December in review
Brexit descends into farce
- May postpones bill; Survives vote
- Mixed data puts focus on economy
- Bank of England warns of No Deal
- Inflation falls to 20-mth low
GBP – January what to watch
Meaningful vote to set the tone
- May’s plan looks dead, so No Deal beckons
- Inflation to continue to fall
- Sterling to face pressure from Brexit
- Bank of England interest rate quandary
USD – December in review
Fed signals pause in hikes
- Powell under Pressure from Trump
- Government shutdown over wall funding
- Equity markets hit by perfect storm
- Fed hikes for possibly last time in a while
USD – January what to watch
Employment report pivotal
- Non-Farm Payrolls needs a win
- Trump under pressure from ongoing investigation
- Dollar to suffer from stagnation of rate differential
- PMI’s likely to fall
EUR – December in review
Rome/Brussels find some cheer
- Rome fudges a deal with the EU
- Euro in narrow range as market accepts no hikes
- EU concerned over No Deal budget shortfall
- Euro blamed for economic woes
EUR – January what to watch
ECB asset purchase scheme
- End of asset purchases to tighten liquidity
- Euro at 20: Success or failure
- Q4 growth data critical to Euro
- Draghi replacement up for discussion
Don’t take our word for it.
see what others are saying
Great experience! Noam was very thorough and communicative. He was helpful throughout the process, and I felt very comfortable turning to him for any questions. I would definitely recommend to my friends, and continue using for future transfers!
I highly recommend currency transfer
I highly recommend currency transfer. Having used their services for over seven years.
I am particularly impressed by their personal fast and safe service. Funds usually reach my account within 48 hours.
A personal thankyou to Nathan who is always available to answer any technical questions.
I highly recommend their services.
OUTSTANDING Service, super speed. 12/10
OUTSTANDING! Amazing service and super speed, smooth and efficient. I have a direct link to my account officer if I need. And best of all I am saving $00s every time compared to the daylight robbery rates the banks were giving me previously. Only a simpleton would use the main banks for any currency transfers. 12/10.