May 2019 Monthly Currency Report for SME’s
Protect Your Business with Monthly Currency Reports
Our free monthly currency exchange report aims to provide deep insights into the political and economic events worldwide that can cause currencies to change and how this can affect your FX business. Read more about the impact of exchange rates on international commerce.
Download our free monthly currency report and to keep up to date with key events throughout the month. The free currency reports analyse historical charts and provide the basis for discussion with stakeholders across your foreign exchange business. The monthly currency report provides a useful resource and meaningful insights for currency risk management policies.
For more helpful information for small and medium enterprises, check out our guide to trade finance for UK SMEs.
GBP – April in review
Brexit on the back burner
- Return from Easter break brings no new initiative
- Sterling remains in narrow range
- Bank of England on hold as inflation controlled
- Employment at new record
GBP – May what to watch
Government election drubbing
- Local elections to illustrate public opinion
- Withdrawal Bill to resurface?
- Sterling reactive to Brexit speculation
- May withdrawal hopes fading
USD – April in review
GDP raises more questions
- GDP beats expectations. But…
- One-offs dampen expectations
- Employment returns to trend
- Biden confirms Presidential campaign
USD – May what to watch
FOMC to hold off on rates
- FOMC on hold despite renewed expectations
- Employment data the leading indicator
- No trade break though imminent
- Trump to kick off re-election campaign
EUR – April in review
GDP allays recession fears
- GDP confirms economy at rock bottom
- Germany struggling to find domestic demand
- Spain lurches to the right in elections
- Italy set to break budget cap
EUR – May what to watch
ECB to continue in hopeful mode
- Draghi to continue upbeat rhetoric
- ECB looking for H2 turnaround
- “PIGS” still a drag on growth
- Italian Growth “lucky” to reach 0.2% in 2019
Don’t take our word for it.
see what others are saying
Great experience! Noam was very thorough and communicative. He was helpful throughout the process, and I felt very comfortable turning to him for any questions. I would definitely recommend to my friends, and continue using for future transfers!
I highly recommend currency transfer
I highly recommend currency transfer. Having used their services for over seven years.
I am particularly impressed by their personal fast and safe service. Funds usually reach my account within 48 hours.
A personal thankyou to Nathan who is always available to answer any technical questions.
I highly recommend their services.
OUTSTANDING Service, super speed. 12/10
OUTSTANDING! Amazing service and super speed, smooth and efficient. I have a direct link to my account officer if I need. And best of all I am saving $00s every time compared to the daylight robbery rates the banks were giving me previously. Only a simpleton would use the main banks for any currency transfers. 12/10.