October 2021 Monthly Currency Report for SME’s
Download Your Free Currency Report - October 2021
Fill in your details below to receive your digital copy:
Protect Your Business with Monthly Currency Reports
Our free monthly currency exchange report aims to provide deep insights into the political and economic events worldwide that can cause currencies to change and how this can affect your FX business. Read more about the impact of exchange rates on international commerce.
Download our free monthly currency report and to keep up to date with key events throughout the month. The free currency reports analyse historical charts and provide the basis for discussion with stakeholders across your foreign exchange business. The monthly currency report provides a useful resource and meaningful insights for currency risk management policies.
For more helpful information for small and medium enterprises, check out our guide to trade finance for UK SMEs.
GBP – September in review
Taper still in the balance
- Wholesale gas price increase adds to inflation
- HGV driver shortage brings fuel shortage
- Indecisive Government dithers over travel and fuel
- Sterling loses ground to stronger dollar
GBP – October what to watch
Q4 to be tough for economy
- Government furlough and UC benefit end
- No MPC until Nov 4
- Economy to be hit but continued shortages
- Inflation to rise but Bailey unconcerned
USD – September in review
FOMC turns a little hawkish
- Latest Fed meeting points to November taper
- Inflation remains above target
- Employment shock concerns some Fed members
- Dollar strong but unable to break resistance
USD – October what to watch
FOMC mixed over November
- Concerns over Covid and logistical issues remain
- 94.30 the next target for the dollar index
- Retirements ease Powell’s path despite challenge
- All eyes on the NFP data set for Oct 8
EUR – September in review
Lagarde relaxed over inflation
- So far, the ECB has been proven correct over prices
- Long-term issues returning to slow recovery
- Recovery slows but still positive
- Euro is still in reactive mode
EUR – October what to watch
German coalition to run and run
- Merkel to remain in power for the rest of 2021?
- Inflation to remain controlled as ECB considers action
- Plans for further support to be tested
- Euro making fresh low for the year
Don’t take our word for it.
see what others are saying
Great experience! Noam was very thorough and communicative. He was helpful throughout the process, and I felt very comfortable turning to him for any questions. I would definitely recommend to my friends, and continue using for future transfers!
I highly recommend currency transfer
I highly recommend currency transfer. Having used their services for over seven years.
I am particularly impressed by their personal fast and safe service. Funds usually reach my account within 48 hours.
A personal thankyou to Nathan who is always available to answer any technical questions.
I highly recommend their services.
OUTSTANDING Service, super speed. 12/10
OUTSTANDING! Amazing service and super speed, smooth and efficient. I have a direct link to my account officer if I need. And best of all I am saving $00s every time compared to the daylight robbery rates the banks were giving me previously. Only a simpleton would use the main banks for any currency transfers. 12/10.