April 2018 Monthly Currency Report for SME’s
Download Your Free Currency Report - April 2018
Fill in your details below to receive your digital copy:
Protect Your Business with Monthly Currency Reports
Our free monthly currency exchange report aims to provide deep insights into the political and economic events worldwide that can cause currencies to change and how this can affect your FX business. Read more about the impact of exchange rates on international commerce.
Download our free monthly currency report and to keep up to date with key events throughout the month. The free currency reports analyse historical charts and provide the basis for discussion with stakeholders across your foreign exchange business. The monthly currency report provides a useful resource and meaningful insights for currency risk management policies.
For more helpful information for small and medium enterprises, check out our guide to trade finance for UK SMEs.
GBP – March in review
Brexit transition deal boost
- Further concessions lead to deal
- MPC cool on hike in May at latest meeting
- Inflation falls below incomes
- Corbyn fails to join Russia criticism
GBP – April what to watch
Data & brexit to set sterling tone
- Further fall in inflation will drive Sterling lower
- Q2 to start with sterling at the top of its range
- Brexit trade talks set to start
USD – March in review
Three hike strategy hits dollar
- Rates hiked but Powell dovish
- Trade war simmering
- Dollar “bumping along the bottom”
USD – April what to watch
Trade issues could escalate
- China offers talks first
- Growth and employment to drive rate views
- Mid-terms set to drive political concern
EUR – March in review
A benign month
- Draghi calls policy, patient persistent and prudent
- Weidmann calls rate hike mid ’19 “plausible”
- Euro in long-standing range
- Brexit having no effect
EUR – April what to watch
Rate talk to continue
- Seeds being planted but Draghi not convinced
- Inflation to remain benign despite German models
- Studies to show what is high and low employment
- ECB President position starting to attract candidates
Don’t take our word for it.
see what others are saying
The best I've found
I just completed my first transaction (GBP to USD) with CurrencyTransfer and I will certainly be coming back whenever I have a currency need. Account setup was smooth — even with all the regulatory hoops. They were efficient, responsive, flexible, and the web-based trading interface gave me an excellent rate, close to spot. Once I'd settled the trade, the funds we're transferred to the destination bank almost immediately. What more could you want?
Highly customised support
Used Currencytransfer.com in connection with a house purchase in France. Involved a mixture of forward and spot transactions, and several adjustments to take into account changing deadlines. The team there provided a highly personalised service, pulling out all the stops to ensure the funds arrived on time after delays elsewhere. Would highly recommend for complex, high value transactions, and am planning to use them regularly from now on to top up my French bank account.
I have made two transfers so far and all has gone smoothly. Good exchange rates when compared to other exchange sites, and notifications at every step to keep you informed. Queries, if you have them, are answered promptly via personal email. So far excellent service.