April 2019 Monthly Currency Report for SME’s
Download Your Free Currency Report - April 2019
Fill in your details below to receive your digital copy:
Protect Your Business with Monthly Currency Reports
Our free monthly currency exchange report aims to provide deep insights into the political and economic events worldwide that can cause currencies to change and how this can affect your FX business. Read more about the impact of exchange rates on international commerce.
Download our free monthly currency report and to keep up to date with key events throughout the month. The free currency reports analyse historical charts and provide the basis for discussion with stakeholders across your foreign exchange business. The monthly currency report provides a useful resource and meaningful insights for currency risk management policies.
For more helpful information for small and medium enterprises, check out our guide to trade finance for UK SMEs.
GBP – March in review
Brexit chaos continues
- EU agrees to short extension to Brexit
- Sterling volatile with no clear direction
- Employment at record high
- Inflation ticks up but still below target
GBP – April what to watch
When will may leave?
- No deal Brexit to become a real concern
- MPs to take Brexit decisions after vote
- Sterling to remain in Limbo
- Third vote still a possibility
USD – March in review
Dovish fed surprises the market
- Fed realism takes market by surprise
- Data starting to predict a slowdown
- Trump campaign exonerated by Mueller
- Dollar ends Q1 on positive footing
USD – April what to watch
Economic activity to drive dollar
- Employment to be significant focus for traders
- Mnuchin to visit China
- Fed meeting on 30th
- Race for 2020 nominations to start in earnest
EUR – March in review
German data predicts recession
- Draghi maintains slowdown is “global”
- Recession now impossible to avoid
- Germany suffering will fuel nationalism
- France suffering return of civil unrest
EUR – April what to watch
ECB to head off long recession
- Central bank lacking tools for further accommodation
- Italy set to bring further concern to Brussels
- Fiscal cooperation vital to long term future of Eurozone
- Traders await GDP to confirm recession
Don’t take our word for it.
see what others are saying
The best I've found
I just completed my first transaction (GBP to USD) with CurrencyTransfer and I will certainly be coming back whenever I have a currency need. Account setup was smooth — even with all the regulatory hoops. They were efficient, responsive, flexible, and the web-based trading interface gave me an excellent rate, close to spot. Once I'd settled the trade, the funds we're transferred to the destination bank almost immediately. What more could you want?
Highly customised support
Used Currencytransfer.com in connection with a house purchase in France. Involved a mixture of forward and spot transactions, and several adjustments to take into account changing deadlines. The team there provided a highly personalised service, pulling out all the stops to ensure the funds arrived on time after delays elsewhere. Would highly recommend for complex, high value transactions, and am planning to use them regularly from now on to top up my French bank account.
I have made two transfers so far and all has gone smoothly. Good exchange rates when compared to other exchange sites, and notifications at every step to keep you informed. Queries, if you have them, are answered promptly via personal email. So far excellent service.