August 2020 Monthly Currency Report for SME’s
Download Your Free Currency Report - August 2020
Fill in your details below to receive your digital copy:
Protect Your Business with Monthly Currency Reports
Our free monthly currency exchange report aims to provide deep insights into the political and economic events worldwide that can cause currencies to change and how this can affect your FX business. Read more about the impact of exchange rates on international commerce.
Download our free monthly currency report and to keep up to date with key events throughout the month. The free currency reports analyse historical charts and provide the basis for discussion with stakeholders across your foreign exchange business. The monthly currency report provides a useful resource and meaningful insights for currency risk management policies.
For more helpful information for small and medium enterprises, check out our guide to trade finance for UK SMEs.
GBP – July in review
Sterling breaks 1.30 vs. dollar
- China vows revenge over Hong Kong and Huawei
- Sterling rallies on back of Haldane comments
- Johnson reacts with anticipation over second spike fears
- Sunak’s plans need more time
GBP – August what to watch
Brexit to provide impetus
- Brexit negotiations continue as trade hopes grow
- Sterling to struggle to make further ground
- Q2 growth expectations rise despite negativity
- Johnson to remain alert over quarantine
USD – July in review
Trump considering election delay
- Q2 GDP worse than expected
- Dollar fall becoming a trend
- Fed stands ready to act
- Unprecedented virus tolls make recovery uncertain
USD – August what to watch
Economy continues to struggle
- Powell to act intra-meeting in need
- Dollar to remain under pressure
- Chinese squabble to escalate under Trump
- President needs to find answer to poll gloom
EUR – July in review
Three Cheers for Pandemic Relief
- Heads of State finally agree a convoluted package
- Second wave rolling across Europe?
- Euro makes two year high versus dollar
- Banks struggling with debt and regulations
EUR – August what to watch
Banking crisis looms
- No dividends bonuses or share buybacks
- The Euro's rally is becoming unsustainable
- Second wave to be the key to length of recovery
- Brexit fears to hit supply chains
Don’t take our word for it.
see what others are saying
The best I've found
I just completed my first transaction (GBP to USD) with CurrencyTransfer and I will certainly be coming back whenever I have a currency need. Account setup was smooth — even with all the regulatory hoops. They were efficient, responsive, flexible, and the web-based trading interface gave me an excellent rate, close to spot. Once I'd settled the trade, the funds we're transferred to the destination bank almost immediately. What more could you want?
Highly customised support
Used Currencytransfer.com in connection with a house purchase in France. Involved a mixture of forward and spot transactions, and several adjustments to take into account changing deadlines. The team there provided a highly personalised service, pulling out all the stops to ensure the funds arrived on time after delays elsewhere. Would highly recommend for complex, high value transactions, and am planning to use them regularly from now on to top up my French bank account.
I have made two transfers so far and all has gone smoothly. Good exchange rates when compared to other exchange sites, and notifications at every step to keep you informed. Queries, if you have them, are answered promptly via personal email. So far excellent service.