December 2017 Monthly Currency Report for SME’s
Read the latest currency report
With a roundup of the most impactful events of the previous month and a look at up and coming events may affect you in this coming month. Avoid being caught by surprise when the markets move.
Protect Your Business with Monthly Currency Reports
Our free monthly currency exchange report aims to provide deep insights into the political and economic events worldwide that can cause currencies to change and how this can affect your FX business. Read more about the impact of exchange rates on international commerce.
Download our free monthly currency report and to keep up to date with key events throughout the month. The free currency reports analyse historical charts and provide the basis for discussion with stakeholders across your foreign exchange business. The monthly currency report provides a useful resource and meaningful insights for currency risk management policies.
For more helpful information for small and medium enterprises, check out our guide to trade finance for UK SMEs.
GBP – November in review
Dovish hike brings uncertainty
- Rate Hike a Fiasco
- Inflation Peaking?
- Brexit Capitulation over Divorce Bill
- Sterling driven by Brexit expectations
GBP – December what to watch
Brexit - Stage Two Developments
- Inflation data, released on December 12th
- EU Heads of Gov’t meeting on 14/15 December
- Political ramifications of Brexit capitulation
- General Election still a possibility
USD – November in review
Interest rate hike in doubt
- Powell confirmed as Fed Chair
- GDP growth above trend
- Dollar index drifting
- Kim fires Missile and confirms range
USD – December what to watch
FOMC meeting on 14/15 December
- Monetary tightening far from certain
- Tax plans to receive Congress approval
- Retailers set to struggle over Holidays
- Trump still out of control
EUR – November in review
Grand coalition returns
- German Politics dominate
- Growth and inflation data back ECB policies
- Euro testing top of recent ranges against dollar
- Brexit still a major factor
EUR – December what to watch
Heads of gov’t summit
- Draghi in Control
- Common Currency in calm waters
- Political developments a constant concern
- Brexit no just a UK issue
Don’t take our word for it.
see what others are saying
Great experience! Noam was very thorough and communicative. He was helpful throughout the process, and I felt very comfortable turning to him for any questions. I would definitely recommend to my friends, and continue using for future transfers!
I highly recommend currency transfer
I highly recommend currency transfer. Having used their services for over seven years.
I am particularly impressed by their personal fast and safe service. Funds usually reach my account within 48 hours.
A personal thankyou to Nathan who is always available to answer any technical questions.
I highly recommend their services.
OUTSTANDING Service, super speed. 12/10
OUTSTANDING! Amazing service and super speed, smooth and efficient. I have a direct link to my account officer if I need. And best of all I am saving $00s every time compared to the daylight robbery rates the banks were giving me previously. Only a simpleton would use the main banks for any currency transfers. 12/10.