February 2019 Monthly Currency Report for SME’s
Download Your Free Currency Report - February 2019
Fill in your details below to receive your digital copy:
Protect Your Business with Monthly Currency Reports
Our free monthly currency exchange report aims to provide deep insights into the political and economic events worldwide that can cause currencies to change and how this can affect your FX business. Read more about the impact of exchange rates on international commerce.
Download our free monthly currency report and to keep up to date with key events throughout the month. The free currency reports analyse historical charts and provide the basis for discussion with stakeholders across your foreign exchange business. The monthly currency report provides a useful resource and meaningful insights for currency risk management policies.
For more helpful information for small and medium enterprises, check out our guide to trade finance for UK SMEs.
GBP – January in review
Brexit chaos as may loses vote
- Government loses Commons vote by record margin
- May survives vote of confidence
- Sterling rallies as DUP offers conditional backing
- Employment data remains strong
GBP – February what to watch
Further Brexit confrontation
- No deal versus second referendum?
- Sterling volatility to rise
- Brussels to continue tough stance
- Economic data to defy uncertainty
USD – January in review
Trump blinks first
- Temporary halt to shutdown agreed
- Trump and Pelosi trade in schoolyard spat
- Strong employment and activity data support dollar
- Fed sees balance of risks as “balanced”
USD – February what to watch
Fed to copy ECB
- Fed on hold as inflation remains controlled
- Employment report to set the tone
- Trade talks continue at snail’s pace
- Trump’s delayed State of the Union to take place
EUR – January in review
Eurozone economy “heads south”
- Draghi sees further downside
- Eurozone heading into recession
- French budget deficit breaks EU rules
- EU Firms concerned over Brexit disruption
EUR – February what to watch
Start of election campaigns
- Fears of Nationalist upswing to bring concern
- Further recession concerns as Italy confirms downturn
- German Q4 GDP to confirm recession
- Inflation to restrain any ECB action
Don’t take our word for it.
see what others are saying
The best I've found
I just completed my first transaction (GBP to USD) with CurrencyTransfer and I will certainly be coming back whenever I have a currency need. Account setup was smooth — even with all the regulatory hoops. They were efficient, responsive, flexible, and the web-based trading interface gave me an excellent rate, close to spot. Once I'd settled the trade, the funds we're transferred to the destination bank almost immediately. What more could you want?
Highly customised support
Used Currencytransfer.com in connection with a house purchase in France. Involved a mixture of forward and spot transactions, and several adjustments to take into account changing deadlines. The team there provided a highly personalised service, pulling out all the stops to ensure the funds arrived on time after delays elsewhere. Would highly recommend for complex, high value transactions, and am planning to use them regularly from now on to top up my French bank account.
I have made two transfers so far and all has gone smoothly. Good exchange rates when compared to other exchange sites, and notifications at every step to keep you informed. Queries, if you have them, are answered promptly via personal email. So far excellent service.