January 2018 Monthly Currency Report for SME’s
Download Your Free Currency Report - January 2018
Fill in your details below to receive your digital copy:
Protect Your Business with Monthly Currency Reports
Our free monthly currency exchange report aims to provide deep insights into the political and economic events worldwide that can cause currencies to change and how this can affect your FX business. Read more about the impact of exchange rates on international commerce.
Download our free monthly currency report and to keep up to date with key events throughout the month. The free currency reports analyse historical charts and provide the basis for discussion with stakeholders across your foreign exchange business. The monthly currency report provides a useful resource and meaningful insights for currency risk management policies.
For more helpful information for small and medium enterprises, check out our guide to trade finance for UK SMEs.
GBP – December in review
Move to stage two approved
- Inflation continues to rise
- Capitulation on EU Proposals brings stage two approval
- MPC votes 9-0 for unchanged rates
- May faces political woes as Deputy is sacked
GBP – January what to watch
Political fallout to continue
- May facing another commons defeat
- Consumer starting to abandon support
- Trade deal demands to be agreed
- Business investment a major concern
USD – December in review
Rates hiked despite inflation
- Rate hike Yellen’s final act
- Tax Reform Bill passed
- Dollar ends year in narrow range after 10% fall
- Trump’s cuts UN contribution over Jerusalem
USD – January what to watch
Yellen’s departure ends guidance
- Powell takes over at Fed
- Treasury to be more involved in Monetary Policy
- Employment data to set inflation tone
- Ongoing Dollar index to remain in narrow range
EUR – December in review
Growth and inflation on track
- German CPI controlled as growth remains constant
- Austrian far right become part of coalition
- Euro gains have been “second hand”
- Brexit concerns well hidden
EUR – January what to watch
Political consideration issue
- Politics could be the prime driver in Q1
- Calls for Asset purchases to be scaled back
- Germany’s Turn at ECB coming
- Brexit trade deal to confirm tough stance
Don’t take our word for it.
see what others are saying
The best I've found
I just completed my first transaction (GBP to USD) with CurrencyTransfer and I will certainly be coming back whenever I have a currency need. Account setup was smooth — even with all the regulatory hoops. They were efficient, responsive, flexible, and the web-based trading interface gave me an excellent rate, close to spot. Once I'd settled the trade, the funds we're transferred to the destination bank almost immediately. What more could you want?
Highly customised support
Used Currencytransfer.com in connection with a house purchase in France. Involved a mixture of forward and spot transactions, and several adjustments to take into account changing deadlines. The team there provided a highly personalised service, pulling out all the stops to ensure the funds arrived on time after delays elsewhere. Would highly recommend for complex, high value transactions, and am planning to use them regularly from now on to top up my French bank account.
I have made two transfers so far and all has gone smoothly. Good exchange rates when compared to other exchange sites, and notifications at every step to keep you informed. Queries, if you have them, are answered promptly via personal email. So far excellent service.