January 2019 Monthly Currency Report for SME’s
Download Your Free Currency Report - January 2019
Fill in your details below to receive your digital copy:
Protect Your Business with Monthly Currency Reports
Our free monthly currency exchange report aims to provide deep insights into the political and economic events worldwide that can cause currencies to change and how this can affect your FX business. Read more about the impact of exchange rates on international commerce.
Download our free monthly currency report and to keep up to date with key events throughout the month. The free currency reports analyse historical charts and provide the basis for discussion with stakeholders across your foreign exchange business. The monthly currency report provides a useful resource and meaningful insights for currency risk management policies.
For more helpful information for small and medium enterprises, check out our guide to trade finance for UK SMEs.
GBP – December in review
Brexit descends into farce
- May postpones bill; Survives vote
- Mixed data puts focus on economy
- Bank of England warns of No Deal
- Inflation falls to 20-mth low
GBP – January what to watch
Meaningful vote to set the tone
- May’s plan looks dead, so No Deal beckons
- Inflation to continue to fall
- Sterling to face pressure from Brexit
- Bank of England interest rate quandary
USD – December in review
Fed signals pause in hikes
- Powell under Pressure from Trump
- Government shutdown over wall funding
- Equity markets hit by perfect storm
- Fed hikes for possibly last time in a while
USD – January what to watch
Employment report pivotal
- Non-Farm Payrolls needs a win
- Trump under pressure from ongoing investigation
- Dollar to suffer from stagnation of rate differential
- PMI’s likely to fall
EUR – December in review
Rome/Brussels find some cheer
- Rome fudges a deal with the EU
- Euro in narrow range as market accepts no hikes
- EU concerned over No Deal budget shortfall
- Euro blamed for economic woes
EUR – January what to watch
ECB asset purchase scheme
- End of asset purchases to tighten liquidity
- Euro at 20: Success or failure
- Q4 growth data critical to Euro
- Draghi replacement up for discussion
Don’t take our word for it.
see what others are saying
The best I've found
I just completed my first transaction (GBP to USD) with CurrencyTransfer and I will certainly be coming back whenever I have a currency need. Account setup was smooth — even with all the regulatory hoops. They were efficient, responsive, flexible, and the web-based trading interface gave me an excellent rate, close to spot. Once I'd settled the trade, the funds we're transferred to the destination bank almost immediately. What more could you want?
Highly customised support
Used Currencytransfer.com in connection with a house purchase in France. Involved a mixture of forward and spot transactions, and several adjustments to take into account changing deadlines. The team there provided a highly personalised service, pulling out all the stops to ensure the funds arrived on time after delays elsewhere. Would highly recommend for complex, high value transactions, and am planning to use them regularly from now on to top up my French bank account.
I have made two transfers so far and all has gone smoothly. Good exchange rates when compared to other exchange sites, and notifications at every step to keep you informed. Queries, if you have them, are answered promptly via personal email. So far excellent service.