July 2018 Monthly Currency Report for SME’s
Read the latest currency report
With a roundup of the most impactful events of the previous month and a look at up and coming events may affect you in this coming month. Avoid being caught by surprise when the markets move.
Protect Your Business with Monthly Currency Reports
Our free monthly currency exchange report aims to provide deep insights into the political and economic events worldwide that can cause currencies to change and how this can affect your FX business. Read more about the impact of exchange rates on international commerce.
Download our free monthly currency report and to keep up to date with key events throughout the month. The free currency reports analyse historical charts and provide the basis for discussion with stakeholders across your foreign exchange business. The monthly currency report provides a useful resource and meaningful insights for currency risk management policies.
For more helpful information for small and medium enterprises, check out our guide to trade finance for UK SMEs.
GBP – June in review
MPC votes 6-3 for no change
- BoE Chief Economist votes for hike
- Sterling on back foot as Brexit and economy weigh
- Government wins vote on Brexit oversight
- Economy drifting as Government prevaricates
GBP – July what to watch
Brexit proposals due for release
- MPC to turn dovish?
- Brexit proposals due for release
- Inflation set to rise as effect of Sterling fall kicks in
- Sterling rally unlikely to last
USD – June in review
Hawkish FOMC hikes rates
- Rate hikes to continue through 2018
- Trade war tit-for-tat continues
- Little benefit seen from Trump/Kim summit
- Wage data to be scrutinized to confirm Fed actions
USD – July what to watch
Trade war to escalate
- Trump investigating further measures
- Q2 GDP to be close to 4% on tax cuts
- Dollar index correction to bottom out
- FOMC minutes to provide clues members views
EUR – June in review
ECB to end QE, no hike in 2018
- ECB to taper QE by Sept. End it by Dec
- Draghi remains dovish on rates
- Merkel searching for support
- Italy vows to remain in EU
EUR – July what to watch
Nationalism rising again
- Political issues on the rise
- Italy to implement tax and welfare reform
- Economy starting to slow as German data stalls
- Euro in slow recovery but reactive to dollar
Don’t take our word for it.
see what others are saying
Great experience! Noam was very thorough and communicative. He was helpful throughout the process, and I felt very comfortable turning to him for any questions. I would definitely recommend to my friends, and continue using for future transfers!
I highly recommend currency transfer
I highly recommend currency transfer. Having used their services for over seven years.
I am particularly impressed by their personal fast and safe service. Funds usually reach my account within 48 hours.
A personal thankyou to Nathan who is always available to answer any technical questions.
I highly recommend their services.
OUTSTANDING Service, super speed. 12/10
OUTSTANDING! Amazing service and super speed, smooth and efficient. I have a direct link to my account officer if I need. And best of all I am saving $00s every time compared to the daylight robbery rates the banks were giving me previously. Only a simpleton would use the main banks for any currency transfers. 12/10.