July 2019 Monthly Currency Report for SME’s
Download Your Free Currency Report - July 2019
Fill in your details below to receive your digital copy:
Protect Your Business with Monthly Currency Reports
Our free monthly currency exchange report aims to provide deep insights into the political and economic events worldwide that can cause currencies to change and how this can affect your FX business. Read more about the impact of exchange rates on international commerce.
Download our free monthly currency report and to keep up to date with key events throughout the month. The free currency reports analyse historical charts and provide the basis for discussion with stakeholders across your foreign exchange business. The monthly currency report provides a useful resource and meaningful insights for currency risk management policies.
For more helpful information for small and medium enterprises, check out our guide to trade finance for UK SMEs.
GBP – June in review
Brexit plans hit sterling
- Sterling hits new lows versus Euro
- Inflation falls back to Government target at 2%
- Johnson and Hunt to battle for leadership
- BoE cuts growth target
GBP – July what to watch
New prime minister to be decided
- Result expected on July 23rd
- No Deal Brexit becoming more likely
- Sterling to continue fall vs USD
- Contenders to outline post Brexit plans
USD – June in review
Fed unsure about rate cut
- FOMC signals pending rate cut
- Powell dials back a little in Congress testimony
- Dollar falls to three-month low post FOMC
- Employment data weak but retains recent average
USD – July what to watch
FOMC to decide on rate cut
- Market expects rate cut
- Post meeting guidance to drive dollar
- Data to be crucial starting with NFPData to be crucial starting with NFP
- U.S., China agree to continue talking
EUR – June in review
Data leveling out
- Recent data shows economy bottoming out
- ECB concedes need for further accommodation
- German auto sector continues to suffer
- Italy facing record fine over economy
EUR – July what to watch
Dovish ECB to ease further?
- Draghi considering ways to alleviate negative rates
- Merkel to intervene to avoid no deal Brexit?
- Euro fate linked to FOMC decision
- Return of QE possible as policy option
Don’t take our word for it.
see what others are saying
The best I've found
I just completed my first transaction (GBP to USD) with CurrencyTransfer and I will certainly be coming back whenever I have a currency need. Account setup was smooth — even with all the regulatory hoops. They were efficient, responsive, flexible, and the web-based trading interface gave me an excellent rate, close to spot. Once I'd settled the trade, the funds we're transferred to the destination bank almost immediately. What more could you want?
Highly customised support
Used Currencytransfer.com in connection with a house purchase in France. Involved a mixture of forward and spot transactions, and several adjustments to take into account changing deadlines. The team there provided a highly personalised service, pulling out all the stops to ensure the funds arrived on time after delays elsewhere. Would highly recommend for complex, high value transactions, and am planning to use them regularly from now on to top up my French bank account.
I have made two transfers so far and all has gone smoothly. Good exchange rates when compared to other exchange sites, and notifications at every step to keep you informed. Queries, if you have them, are answered promptly via personal email. So far excellent service.