June 2019 Monthly Currency Report for SME’s
Download Your Free Currency Report - June 2019
Fill in your details below to receive your digital copy:
Protect Your Business with Monthly Currency Reports
Our free monthly currency exchange report aims to provide deep insights into the political and economic events worldwide that can cause currencies to change and how this can affect your FX business. Read more about the impact of exchange rates on international commerce.
Download our free monthly currency report and to keep up to date with key events throughout the month. The free currency reports analyse historical charts and provide the basis for discussion with stakeholders across your foreign exchange business. The monthly currency report provides a useful resource and meaningful insights for currency risk management policies.
For more helpful information for small and medium enterprises, check out our guide to trade finance for UK SMEs.
GBP – May in review
May’s time is finally up
- Collapse of cross-party talks the final straw
- Brexit Party wins protest vote in EU elections
- Twelve candidates vying for top job
- Sterling reacts negatively to uncertainty
GBP – June what to watch
Conservatives to elect leader
- Brexit on back burner until new Prime Minister decided
- Six front runners; Four favour Hard Brexit
- Sterling to be reactive to Brexit concerns
- Employment remains strong, inflation above 2%
USD – May in review
Trade becomes the main driver
- Trump attempts to bludgeon trade partners
- Dollar continues to strengthen
- GDP slightly lower on second estimate
- Fed’s future policy open to interpretation
USD – June what to watch
Trade worries lead Dollar lower?
- Fed could be forced into rate cut if economy slows
- U.S./Sino trade talks to recommence
- Trump to remain on front foot as he puts out fires
- Dollar reactive to multiple drivers
EUR – May in review
- Reformers remain in majority but deals difficult
- Nationalists gain in Italy and France but not Germany
- German employment in big fall
- Euro clinging to years low
EUR – June what to watch
Italy to “stir the pot”
- Salvini emboldened by election mandate
- Global trade conditions to continue to depress Euro
- Germany demanding top job
- ECB still banking on higher inflation
Don’t take our word for it.
see what others are saying
The best I've found
I just completed my first transaction (GBP to USD) with CurrencyTransfer and I will certainly be coming back whenever I have a currency need. Account setup was smooth — even with all the regulatory hoops. They were efficient, responsive, flexible, and the web-based trading interface gave me an excellent rate, close to spot. Once I'd settled the trade, the funds we're transferred to the destination bank almost immediately. What more could you want?
Highly customised support
Used Currencytransfer.com in connection with a house purchase in France. Involved a mixture of forward and spot transactions, and several adjustments to take into account changing deadlines. The team there provided a highly personalised service, pulling out all the stops to ensure the funds arrived on time after delays elsewhere. Would highly recommend for complex, high value transactions, and am planning to use them regularly from now on to top up my French bank account.
I have made two transfers so far and all has gone smoothly. Good exchange rates when compared to other exchange sites, and notifications at every step to keep you informed. Queries, if you have them, are answered promptly via personal email. So far excellent service.