May 2018 Monthly Currency Report for SME’s
Protect Your Business with Monthly Currency Reports
Our free monthly currency exchange report aims to provide deep insights into the political and economic events worldwide that can cause currencies to change and how this can affect your FX business. Read more about the impact of exchange rates on international commerce.
Download our free monthly currency report and to keep up to date with key events throughout the month. The free currency reports analyse historical charts and provide the basis for discussion with stakeholders across your foreign exchange business. The monthly currency report provides a useful resource and meaningful insights for currency risk management policies.
For more helpful information for small and medium enterprises, check out our guide to trade finance for UK SMEs.
GBP – April in review
Carney questions rate hike
- BoE Governor not convinced
- Sentiment turns against Sterling
- Inflation falls to 2.5%
- Incomes outstrip prices
GBP – May what to watch
MPC still unsure
- Hike seen at 50/50
- Brexit concerns remain
- Local elections to pressure Government
- Pound likely to remain under pressure
USD – April in review
Trump foreign policy successes
- Syria and North Korea raise risk appetite
- Long-term yields reach 3%
- Inflation remains benign
- Dollar index above short-term resistance
USD – May what to watch
Wages growth to spur FOMC
- Employment report to provide a clue on FOMC
- N. Korea summit announcement expected
- Mnuchin to visit China?
- Short-term dollar sentiment to remain positive
EUR – April in review
Business confidence fading
- ECB continues in dovish mood
- Euro remains within range
- Bad debt overhang remains
- Eurozone still short of complete Monetary Union
EUR – May what to watch
Non-financial issues a concern
- A campaign to replace Draghi set to begin
- Refugee crisis to raise political temperature
- EU reform plans to be revealed
- Brexit trade concerns to spill over
Don’t take our word for it.
see what others are saying
Great experience! Noam was very thorough and communicative. He was helpful throughout the process, and I felt very comfortable turning to him for any questions. I would definitely recommend to my friends, and continue using for future transfers!
I highly recommend currency transfer
I highly recommend currency transfer. Having used their services for over seven years.
I am particularly impressed by their personal fast and safe service. Funds usually reach my account within 48 hours.
A personal thankyou to Nathan who is always available to answer any technical questions.
I highly recommend their services.
OUTSTANDING Service, super speed. 12/10
OUTSTANDING! Amazing service and super speed, smooth and efficient. I have a direct link to my account officer if I need. And best of all I am saving $00s every time compared to the daylight robbery rates the banks were giving me previously. Only a simpleton would use the main banks for any currency transfers. 12/10.