May 2021 Monthly Currency Report for SME’s
Download Your Free Currency Report - May 2021
Fill in your details below to receive your digital copy:
Protect Your Business with Monthly Currency Reports
Our free monthly currency exchange report aims to provide deep insights into the political and economic events worldwide that can cause currencies to change and how this can affect your FX business. Read more about the impact of exchange rates on international commerce.
Download our free monthly currency report and to keep up to date with key events throughout the month. The free currency reports analyse historical charts and provide the basis for discussion with stakeholders across your foreign exchange business. The monthly currency report provides a useful resource and meaningful insights for currency risk management policies.
For more helpful information for small and medium enterprises, check out our guide to trade finance for UK SMEs.
GBP – April in review
New rows a factor of majority
- Boris’ wallpaper causes a stir
- Recovery begins in earnest
- IMF upgrades 2021 GDP prediction
- Sterling rising against weaker dollar
GBP – May what to watch
Sterling to feel the Pressure
- Next level of roadmap due on 19th
- Johnson to face official probe
- Economic data to remain positive
- Sterling to top out?
USD – April in review
Fed fairly dovish
- Powell still concerned about recovery
- Vaccination rollout accelerating
- Biden presents investment plan to congress
- Dollar remains in downtrend
USD – May what to watch
Employment to set the scene
- NFP to continue recent trend
- Fed watching housing market
- PCE inflation to breach 2%
- Dollar to remain under pressure
EUR – April in review
ECB lacking resources
- Central bank relying on the Fed?
- Germany increases GDP outlook
- Lockdowns till in full force as third wave continues
- Euro strength rolls back inflation fear
EUR – May what to watch
Euro strength to continue
- Government debt to become greater concern for ECB
- Vaccine rollout to gain momentum
- Summer reopening hopes in the balance
- Euro to see an exhaustive rally before major fall
Don’t take our word for it.
see what others are saying
The best I've found
I just completed my first transaction (GBP to USD) with CurrencyTransfer and I will certainly be coming back whenever I have a currency need. Account setup was smooth — even with all the regulatory hoops. They were efficient, responsive, flexible, and the web-based trading interface gave me an excellent rate, close to spot. Once I'd settled the trade, the funds we're transferred to the destination bank almost immediately. What more could you want?
Highly customised support
Used Currencytransfer.com in connection with a house purchase in France. Involved a mixture of forward and spot transactions, and several adjustments to take into account changing deadlines. The team there provided a highly personalised service, pulling out all the stops to ensure the funds arrived on time after delays elsewhere. Would highly recommend for complex, high value transactions, and am planning to use them regularly from now on to top up my French bank account.
I have made two transfers so far and all has gone smoothly. Good exchange rates when compared to other exchange sites, and notifications at every step to keep you informed. Queries, if you have them, are answered promptly via personal email. So far excellent service.