October 2019 Monthly Currency Report for SME’s
Download Your Free Currency Report - October 2019
Fill in your details below to receive your digital copy:
Protect Your Business with Monthly Currency Reports
Our free monthly currency exchange report aims to provide deep insights into the political and economic events worldwide that can cause currencies to change and how this can affect your FX business. Read more about the impact of exchange rates on international commerce.
Download our free monthly currency report and to keep up to date with key events throughout the month. The free currency reports analyse historical charts and provide the basis for discussion with stakeholders across your foreign exchange business. The monthly currency report provides a useful resource and meaningful insights for currency risk management policies.
For more helpful information for small and medium enterprises, check out our guide to trade finance for UK SMEs.
GBP – September in review
- High Court deems prorogue unlawful
- Parliament passes Bill to “take no-deal off the table”
- Sterling begins fresh “Brexit fall”
- Inflation concerns grow
GBP – October what to watch
This is it!
- UK to leave the EU at the end of the month
- Prime Minister determined not to ask for an extension
- New agreement to be discussed at EU Summit
- General Election in abeyance until extension agreed
USD – September in review
Threatened with impeachment
- Implicit threat to Ukraine over Biden
- FOMC cuts rates but no advance guidance
- Dollar at its highest level in two years
- Mixed data spreads uncertainty
USD – October what to watch
FOMC unlikely to cut again
- FOMC on hold until 2020
- Employment data to drive expectations
- Activity data close to contraction
- Dollar index to reach 100?
EUR – September in review
Data predicts a recession
- “Bottoming out” theory shattered
- Euro depreciation accelerates
- Draghi enters his final month as President
- ECB unable to arrest the slide
EUR – October what to watch
Q3 GDP to confirm the recession
- EU Summit to decide Brexit
- Lagarde to bring more inclusion
- Germany to go it alone?
- Growth and stability under pressure
Don’t take our word for it.
see what others are saying
The best I've found
I just completed my first transaction (GBP to USD) with CurrencyTransfer and I will certainly be coming back whenever I have a currency need. Account setup was smooth — even with all the regulatory hoops. They were efficient, responsive, flexible, and the web-based trading interface gave me an excellent rate, close to spot. Once I'd settled the trade, the funds we're transferred to the destination bank almost immediately. What more could you want?
Highly customised support
Used Currencytransfer.com in connection with a house purchase in France. Involved a mixture of forward and spot transactions, and several adjustments to take into account changing deadlines. The team there provided a highly personalised service, pulling out all the stops to ensure the funds arrived on time after delays elsewhere. Would highly recommend for complex, high value transactions, and am planning to use them regularly from now on to top up my French bank account.
I have made two transfers so far and all has gone smoothly. Good exchange rates when compared to other exchange sites, and notifications at every step to keep you informed. Queries, if you have them, are answered promptly via personal email. So far excellent service.