September 2018 Monthly Currency Report for SME’s
Download Your Free Currency Report - September 2018
Fill in your details below to receive your digital copy:
Protect Your Business with Monthly Currency Reports
Our free monthly currency exchange report aims to provide deep insights into the political and economic events worldwide that can cause currencies to change and how this can affect your FX business. Read more about the impact of exchange rates on international commerce.
Download our free monthly currency report and to keep up to date with key events throughout the month. The free currency reports analyse historical charts and provide the basis for discussion with stakeholders across your foreign exchange business. The monthly currency report provides a useful resource and meaningful insights for currency risk management policies.
For more helpful information for small and medium enterprises, check out our guide to trade finance for UK SMEs.
GBP – August in review
Hard Brexit becoming a reality?
- Hammond comments refuted by May
- Sterling falls against Euro
- Inflation rises for first time this year
- No deal Brexit fears grow
GBP – September what to watch
May in trouble
- Return of Parliament to lead to volatility
- Sterling set to test 1.25/1.08
- Johnson to launch challenge
- Brexit talks to reach crucial point
USD – August in review
Trump not thrilled with Fed
- Trump criticises rate hikes
- Powell confirms switch to reactive hikes
- Trade deficit widens
- Wages and jobs growth slowing
USD – September what to watch
- FOMC may hike again
- Trade war to return?
- Trump to face calls for impeachment
- Dollar correction to continue
EUR – August in review
A sleepy, reactive month
- Rise against GBP bringing concern
- Macron popularity falling
- Economic activity indexes falling
- Italian bridge disaster led to Government u-turn
EUR – September what to watch
Italy ease of restrictions
- Italy desperate to increase debt ceiling
- Weidmann’s star is fading
- Turkish issues yet to be resolved
- Delay in end to QE a possibility
Don’t take our word for it.
see what others are saying
The best I've found
I just completed my first transaction (GBP to USD) with CurrencyTransfer and I will certainly be coming back whenever I have a currency need. Account setup was smooth — even with all the regulatory hoops. They were efficient, responsive, flexible, and the web-based trading interface gave me an excellent rate, close to spot. Once I'd settled the trade, the funds we're transferred to the destination bank almost immediately. What more could you want?
Highly customised support
Used Currencytransfer.com in connection with a house purchase in France. Involved a mixture of forward and spot transactions, and several adjustments to take into account changing deadlines. The team there provided a highly personalised service, pulling out all the stops to ensure the funds arrived on time after delays elsewhere. Would highly recommend for complex, high value transactions, and am planning to use them regularly from now on to top up my French bank account.
I have made two transfers so far and all has gone smoothly. Good exchange rates when compared to other exchange sites, and notifications at every step to keep you informed. Queries, if you have them, are answered promptly via personal email. So far excellent service.