September 2021 Monthly Currency Report for SME’s
Read the latest currency report
With a roundup of the most impactful events of the previous month and a look at up and coming events may affect you in this coming month. Avoid being caught by surprise when the markets move.
Protect Your Business with Monthly Currency Reports
Our free monthly currency exchange report aims to provide deep insights into the political and economic events worldwide that can cause currencies to change and how this can affect your FX business. Read more about the impact of exchange rates on international commerce.
Download our free monthly currency report and to keep up to date with key events throughout the month. The free currency reports analyse historical charts and provide the basis for discussion with stakeholders across your foreign exchange business. The monthly currency report provides a useful resource and meaningful insights for currency risk management policies.
For more helpful information for small and medium enterprises, check out our guide to trade finance for UK SMEs.
GBP – August in review
BoE may look to defer taper
- Data points to slowing economy
- MPC will await outcome of furlough support withdrawal
- Lorry driver shortages are getting worse
- Sterling a little weaker in quiet trade
GBP – September what to watch
MPC to be more balanced
- The MPC is likely to look at more balanced risks
- Brexit remains an issue
- Supply chain disruption to slow recovery
- Sterling to remain driven by dollar
USD – August in review
FOMC members supporting taper
- Powell confirms the end of support this year
- Biden shows his foreign policy weakness
- Semiconductor shortage hits motor industry
- Dollar lacks momentum to break higher
USD – September what to watch
Fed to provide advance guidance
- Job data still crucial to Fed actions
- Delta Variant still a concern
- Supply chain issues also drives Fed’s timing
- Dollar to gather strength
EUR – August in review
ECB content to dawdle
- ECB allowing support time to take effect
- Lane bullish about economy
- Barnier stirs up French election
- Euro pressured by dovish policy
EUR – September what to watch
Inflation to remain a concern
- ECB meeting likely to contain another inflation chat
- Ultimate success of vaccinations to drive economy
- Supply issues to drive intra-union trade
- Euro likely to fall below year’s low
Don’t take our word for it.
see what others are saying
The best I've found
I just completed my first transaction (GBP to USD) with CurrencyTransfer and I will certainly be coming back whenever I have a currency need. Account setup was smooth — even with all the regulatory hoops. They were efficient, responsive, flexible, and the web-based trading interface gave me an excellent rate, close to spot. Once I'd settled the trade, the funds we're transferred to the destination bank almost immediately. What more could you want?
Highly customised support
Used Currencytransfer.com in connection with a house purchase in France. Involved a mixture of forward and spot transactions, and several adjustments to take into account changing deadlines. The team there provided a highly personalised service, pulling out all the stops to ensure the funds arrived on time after delays elsewhere. Would highly recommend for complex, high value transactions, and am planning to use them regularly from now on to top up my French bank account.
I have made two transfers so far and all has gone smoothly. Good exchange rates when compared to other exchange sites, and notifications at every step to keep you informed. Queries, if you have them, are answered promptly via personal email. So far excellent service.